Aligning Customer and Employee Journeys: Your fast track to profit.
Proficient-ly Founder Karen Dunne-Squire reveals in today's fast-paced business landscape, achieving profitable growth simply won’t happen without alignment of both the customer and employee journey.
Customers are undeniably the lifeblood of any successful company. However, ensuring profitable growth requires not only attracting new clients but also retaining existing ones.
Statistics reveal a compelling story: while only a quarter of potential new customers typically convert, the figure rises to nearly three-quarters with repeat clients. The power of customer loyalty cannot be overstated, especially considering the invaluable impact of word-of-mouth recommendations.
Crafting a memorable customer journey is of utmost importance. But what most businesses overlook is that the people who deliver this journey are the staff in your business, and with them working consistently to support the journey you will never achieve a world-class customer journey.
This is why aligning the employee journey with the customer experience is so important.
When employees understand their role in creating a positive customer journey and recognize their personal growth prospects within the organisation, they are more likely to be motivated, committed, and enthusiastic in their interactions with clients.
There are five key areas within a company that significantly influence the customer journey:
1. Marketing: The importance of cohesive internal and external communications that resonate with customers at every touch point cannot be overstated. Consistency in messaging is vital in leaving a lasting impression.
2. Resources: A skilled team that guides customers confidently is indispensable. Identifying gaps within the team and recruiting the right individuals are critical steps toward ensuring customers receive knowledgeable and assured assistance.
3. Key Performance Indicators: Monitoring company performance in real-time with a suite of comprehensive reports is essential. This data-driven approach guides businesses towards high performance and profitable growth, moving beyond quarterly targets.
4. Business Technology: Implementing advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM) packages enhances efficiency. Streamlining processes reduces errors and ensures customer information is easily accessible, driving a seamless customer experience.
5. Development: Human interaction remains at the core of exceptional customer service. Aspire to develop skilled, motivated, and committed teams. Addressing concerns and identifying training opportunities are vital components of nurturing a proactive and positive workforce.
Embracing change within a company must also consider the employee journey. To achieve a people-centered profit model, understanding and addressing employee concerns, offering training opportunities, and ensuring active participation are crucial steps toward creating a positive work environment.